It’s a mishmash mix tapey podcast of music from all around the world. This episode features everything from a Scandinavian swing band singing in Latin to a hard-rocking Los Angeles indie band. For those who like music that reaches out and grabs you, this is the creme de la creme of this week’s listening, all packaged up into a neat show.
For those who love what they hear and want to know more, show notes with the band info and links to where you can get this great music for your own are after the break!
Opening song clip: The Device Has Been Modified by Victims of Science
- Balrog Boogie – Diablo Swing Orchestra, from the album Sing Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious
- Train Across Ukraine – Golem, from the album Citizen Boris (courtesy of JDub Records)
- Put ‘Em Up – Soulico [feat. Lyrics Born & Axum], from the single Put ‘Em Up (courtesy of JDub Records)
- Lost – Ember After, from the album Grasping At Straws
- Lloza – Xera, from the album Lliendes
- Hill – Hungry Lucy, from the album Pulse Of The Earth
- Tortuga – Talco, from the album Combat Circus
- Papillions – WhiteRoom, from the album WhiteRoom
Special thanks to JDub Records for allowing me to showcase Golem and Soulico, and Orren Merton for the use of Ember After’s music. Please note that those three songs are not available under Creative Commons licenses.
Some of the music used on this week’s podcast comes from either the artist’s own sites (linked above) or:
This podcast is released under Creative Commons: Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives.
Suggestions? Want to tell me about an awesome independent band/artist I should feature? Drop me a note to krystalle[at]radioactivestate[dot]com, or leave a comment below.
Also, don’t forget, you can pick up the show on iTunes now!