By popular demand, this week I’ve turned my ear towards geeky music – although I should note that I’ve left the definition a bit broad. From well-known favorites like Jonathan Coulton, to soon-to-be favorite artists you may not have heard of yet, this is an extra-long podcast full of music that should set many a heart a-twittering. (Or will at least get Tweeted a few times, anyway.) So, if you love geeky music, or have ever been a fan of Dr. Demento, this particular episode should make you happy.
Be warned that while this podcast is relatively tame, there is the odd f-bomb. You’ll want earphones if you’re listening to this one at work or around kids… Unless, of course, you happen to work in a very laid-back office, or have kids who swear anyway.
It also includes more of me talking, since I got a couple of notes that I didn’t talk enough on the last one. (Blame them if I’m talking too much for you now. ;D)
As always, the independent artists make this podcast possible. So, if you find a song or artist you really like please consider buying some music from them!
Radioactive State – Episode #4, Volume #1
Show notes are behind the break for those of you who want more details on the tasty music in episode #4.
- Skullcrusher Mountain – Jonathan Coulton
- The Hyrule Connection – Rocket-Propelled Geeks
- I’m Not Your Personal IT Guy – Devo Spice
- Mac vs. Woman – Smart Bomb Radio
- Platform Wars – Devo Spice [featuring the great Luke Ski and Dual Core]
- Gamer Funk – Rob Balder
- The Swashbuckling Rum Run of Tom Lefting – We Are They
- World War Z – Conyeezy
- Take Off Your T-Shirt – WW III (a side project of Watt White)
- Internet Girl – The Gorskys
- The Girl At The Video Game Store – Parry Gripp (Released for G4‘s Attack of the Show)
Some of the music used on this week’s podcast comes from either the artist’s own sites (linked above) or:
This podcast is released under Creative Commons: Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives.
Image courtesy of lechampiondumonde.com on flickr
Feedback is welcomed! Feel free to leave a comment, or email me at krystalle [at] radioactivestate [dot] com with your requests, suggestions, proposals, death threats, or anything else you feel weird leaving in the comments below.